• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign broke ALL the links on ALL files

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week Creative Cloud was corrupted. I couldn't repair it so I had to re-install it and that took several tries. Once Creative Cloud was re-installed I was able to use InDesign again. Over the weekend something happened and InDesign broke every single link to every file I was working on. Files on the desktop had all the links broken. Files on iCloud had all the links broken. Files that were in the same folder as the InDesign file had the links broken. This includes .ai, .eps, .jpg, .pdf., .png and .psd files. I found out the links were broken when I tried to print. The screenshot below shows all the broken links in one of my file. Yes, they are broken. I had to re-link every file indvidually since InDesign will no longer re-link multiple files in the same folder. I have spoken to customer support several times and it appears this has only every happened to me and they haven't they faintest idea why it happened.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing in that screenshot that suggests the links are broken.

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

-----

You can set the links panel to check the links 

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/indesign/using/graphics-links.html#:~:text=Find%20missing%20links,or%20mi....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a long day of work, InDesign crashed. This is nothing new. However, this time when InDesign crashed it broke ALL the links to ALL the files I had been working on all day - even ones that were not open when InDesign crashed - AND in broke the links to files FROM PREVIOUS DAYS. So now I have to relink all the links - and, again, InDesign doesn't show the links as broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The path is set by the os.

If InDesign can't find the path set there's something wrong with your system or workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?
How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting the InDesign preferences back to the factory defaults?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This busted link thing is now a common occurance. There are multiple files I worked on two days ago on the desktop from a common folder that have the links busted.

I'm running InDesign 17.1 on a 2017 iMac with OS 12.2.1 (I have another iMac of the same make and model that has also has problems so I'm starting to think this product line is filled with lemons). The iMac has 16 GB of RAM and there is 480 GB of free hard drive space. I have not tried resetting the InDesign preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Funny nobody else is reporting this.

So it must be your workflow.

Can you please confirm your setup completely and how you are working with links?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines