• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign cannot packaging with Bigsur

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having some problem to create the package of different files.

So with Mac Pro (Late 2013) + Bigsur (11.5 ) + Indesign (16.3.2 ) it is not possible to create the package files.

With MacPro Book ( mid 2014 ) + Catalina (10.15.3 ) + Indesign (16.3.2 ) or Windows 10 the tool is working 100%.

So I should expect the problem is something inside Bigsur+Indesign, does any one have the same problem?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More details as to what exactly is happening in your situation would be helpful. I just did a package on a file on my Mac which is running Big Sur using InDesign 16.3.2 and it competed successfully. So I'm thinking the issue is not Big Sur per se but maybe something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

many thanks for the answer, sorry I forgot to say that the files are on a server and not on the Mac.

As you can see the picture enclosed INDD creates correctly the folders and only 1 link file, after that the tool is running without adding links files on this folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhh. So in the interest of being fully transparent, Adobe doesn't officially support working on a server. That being said we all do it because we have to in order to be efficient and to work collaboratively with coworkers and other users. It does work! That being said, if you were to call Adobe Support, the first thing they're going to have you do is move your project to your hard drive and try packaging from there. If it works, you've determined that the server is the culprit. In all fairness, Adobe does this to avoid having to troubleshoot your server. So my suggestion would be to move your files to your hard drive and try packaging from there and if it works, you have your answer. I hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines