• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Captions - Can they be generated on an image that is anchored?

Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a guide that has many .png files. I am attempting to caption with the file name of the image. However, at this point I can't seem to get any caption to display.

I did some testing and wanted to confirm something. I go to a blank document, add an image and with no style and not achored. Caption generates fine. I added the same style from the other document. Caption generated. However, the graphic object once anchored, does not generate. Can anyone confirm this is normal. Also, what is the workaround, because I need the images to stay with the set of directions it is illustrating?

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

I just tested, it does not work on an anchored object

Also, what is the workaround, because I need the images to stay with the set of directions it is illustrating?

Create the caption before anchoring the image. Group the image and the caption, then anchor the group.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested, it does not work on an anchored object

Also, what is the workaround, because I need the images to stay with the set of directions it is illustrating?

Create the caption before anchoring the image. Group the image and the caption, then anchor the group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

having the same problem currently working on one book, I can´t believe there is no simplier way how to genrate captions for anchored pictures... I need captions for anchored pictures in the text! How to do it? Is the above mentioned way the only one?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know other way to do it. You can ask for this feature here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines