• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2020 and CC 2019 slow performance on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with InDesign CC 2020 being extremely slow. I have re-install InDesign 2020 and InDesign 2019 and after that both version is extremely slow. HELP! I cant do my work, because every step is so slow, slow, slow.... I have macOS Catalina, MacPro and 2 x LG UltraFine screens.

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

What fixes the massive slowdowns I was having on the Mac was changing the color setting to Apple RGB. Perhaps something similar works on a PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What fixes the massive slowdowns I was having on the Mac was changing the color setting to Apple RGB. Perhaps something similar works on a PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lost track of how many fixes and cleanups and jumps through hoops of fire I've been doing. I used to think I've always been rather techy and I used to think my skills end at software management but LOL, when in desperate need, I'm now somewhat of a pro even in this regards. I just want to give a big thanks to whoever this amazing human jeffhalmos is out there because I swear, the whole system preferences > display > colour "Apple RGB" seems to be the only thing that's actually made an improvement. I have read that Apple got sued for purposefully slowing down devices... which is unfair and stupid (mine's specs below) but I don't know what kind of devious plan Adobe would have to frustrate newer designers like me, or veteran designers of the industry :)))

(mine is 

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac17,1

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 3.2 GHz)

In any case, cheers to jeffhalmos and brad_grigor, I'm replying to you so you can give it a shot! I see your comment is recent so that means you're in the same boat as me, wherever you are. Of course, having to telework each day for govvie work has made me even more impatient... I have an older PC at work that's been working better than this, and I know now, from all the reading I've done, that through management, we negotiated a license and the Adobe staff made sure to tell me never to update. So whatever version was put out last year, left unhindered and untouched, is doing pretty darn good... compared to this..... And I have the better technology and the better upgrades at home *grmph of disgruntlement*

(fascinating, you're not allowed bard words in posts! I had to change my PC at work description to the more polite "older" versus the SH i meant hahhaahha)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't thank me. Thank Nicholas_Petropoulos. He's the one that discovered this insanely simple but unknow-to-Adobe fix!

jeffhalmos.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem

https://seorendesi.com/

https://seorendesi.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem - and was about to pull my hair out! I dug into "prefrences" and made this simple adjustment and it worked - you have to choose these options as "Fast" - now it is working. However, previous versions were openig up pixelated...But starting from scartch - this worked for me: Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 2.32.00 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We pay an expensive subscription to Adobe to supposedly have the best software and the best performance above all and I can't understand WHY is this version 15.1.1 SO SLOW....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sometimes resort to using the older versions just because those are WAY
to fast 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. With the most recent "upgrade" my indesign is running like it's 1985.  Everything else on the entire computer, inluding Illustrator, run fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines