• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2023 - Intermittent File is in use or Do not have permission message

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I have a user in my organizaton that is having an intermitent issue with getting a message when opening an InDesign project that says the file is in use or they do not have permission. To resolve, they simply click okay then try again. Does anyone know why this is happening?

I have disabled the anti-virus on their machine for now to rule that out. They are accessing the file on a NAS, that is shared out on the local network. I am told this is a new issue since they got their new Mac Studio.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @andrew29513295xzda ,

Thank you for reaching out. Please try providing full disc access to InDesign by navigating to Apple Menu > System Preferences > Security Privacy > Full Disc Access. Please add InDesign and let us know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Rishabh 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello,

We have already done this and it did not resolve the issue. Thank you for getting back to me.

[cid:WGG-MKTGInternalMarketingEmailIcon_4b768cb7-c88a-491e-b546-a420d27798aa.png]<> Andrew Miller
Systems Administrator

O 336-472-4200
D 336-476-9955

[cid:WGG-MKTGInternalMarketingEmailWright_7ab011c2-c0e7-49ea-b712-8b89419bfce2.png]<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines