• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 9.2 - New Hyperlinks panel - Unresponsive, Slow, Crash

Feb 17, 2014 Feb 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Theoretically the new Hyperlink panel is a good improvement. However, I work with files with several hundreds hyperlinks. Once I open the Hyperlinks panel in such a file, the InDesign program stops responding. I suspect the Hyperlink Check Service (to see if hyperlinks are active) is way too slow and does not scale well. Bug report is sent, but I wanted to know if anyone has the same problem.

This process should be a background process. It is not acceptable that the whole program becomes unresponsive because of a single-core being busy.

Sometimes the result of the check is faulty as well. The icon shows red, even if the hyperlink clearly works. This happens if the link does not end with a / in InDesign but it comes back like that in the browser, for example.

Thanks for reading and I hope this gets fixed soon.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 100 Replies 100
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to update to the latest version of InDesign CC 2015. The current version is three updates later—11.3.0.34.

Go to the CC desktop app, found on the menu bar on the Mac or task bar in Windows. Choose "gear" icon > Check for App Updates.

If you don't see any updates, you may need to refresh the Creative Cloud desktop app (which quits and relaunches it) by pressing Command + Option + R (Mac OS) or Ctrl + Alt + R (Windows).

If you still don't see updates, you may need to reinstall the desktop app. Instructions are found in this article:

http://creativepro.com/troubleshooting-adobe-creative-cloud-desktop-app/?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update info! Will get my IT guys to do it as I can't manage my own Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am running OS 10.10.5 and CC app will not download latest build of ID, I reinstalled the desktop CC app and uninstalled ID and downloaded it again, it is still  version 11.0.0.72 still. Not sure what else to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the latest ID build supported on OSX 10.10? You would think so right? That's what I am running here at work. I am running 10.11.4 at home and have the latest ID build installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

We know this issue is long standing and we are working on this. Infact we have made some progress on this and would want to try the solution we have on actual customer files rather than our own test files. We do see some improvements on our test files, but think it would be worthwhile if we could give it a try on actual customer files too.

I request you all to please share any files you have which are showing performance issues specifically because of the Hyperlinks Panel.

Please mail the same at sharewithid@adobe.com. Please package the file first before sending so that we are able to reproduce the issue similar to how you are facing it. Please be rest assured that your documents would be safe with Adobe.

Thanks in Advance for helping out

Javed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ring Adobe. We were having this problem at work, we have 50+ CC users. IT rang Adobe and they have a fix for this that they haven't released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2016 Oct 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  confirm. Still unsolved isssue. Today is october 2016...... no comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ddfsdfgsgsgsgsg wrote:

I confirm. Still unsolved isssue. Today is october 2016...... no comment.

I think we'll see progress with this issue in the upcoming version of InDesign.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

We have just released the latest version on InDesign, I.e. InDesign CC 2017.

The Hyperlinks issue had been fixed in this version. Please give it a try and let us know if you still face any problems.

Thanks

Javed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not fixed. I have downloaded 2017 and InDesign crashes every time I try to open the hyperlinks panel. There MUST be a way to turn off the URL checking (they are only external URLs or in the same doc text anchors, no links to other InDesign docs). I am working on a time sensitive document that is due tomorrow and I still have half the document to link and can't add text anchors without the hyperlink panel. There are approx 400 hyperlinks is this portion of the document alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicola,

I am part of InDesign team and want to reproduce the issue at our end. For it, we need more information about the issue:

1. What is the operating system on which you are facing the issue.

2. Are you facing the issue with specific document? If yes, then please share the document at ssrivast@adobe.com.

3. Have you faced same crash in earlier version of InDesign as well?

4 Please share the crashlog also.

Thanks and Regards,

Sushil Kumar Srivastava

InDesign Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicola,

A fix has been provided to resolve this issue.

Please try the steps mentioned at this troubleshooting page https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/crash-hyperlinks-panel-quick-apply.html to resolve your issue, if still facing.

Let me know if it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!!! This finally worked and helped. I can open the hyperlink panel without crashing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have solved my crashing problem - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a crock. What I download and extract does not have the 'copy plug in' file or command or link or whatever it is that doesn't work. Hey Adobe how about fixing the software with your highly paid engineers instead of making you paying users try to fix it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diane,

Sorry to hear that you are facing issue in InDesign. But in order to fix your issue, I need to understand exactly what issue are you facing. Please provide answers to the following questions:

1. Are you facing the performance issue in InDesign? or is it some other issue?

2. In what version of InDesign are you facing the issue?

3. Are you facing the issue with specific document? If yes, then please share the document at ssrivast@adobe.com.

4. What Operating System you are using?

Thanks and Regards,

Sushil Kumar Srivastava

InDesign Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This 'fix it' patch seem to crash my latest version of ID (Build 12.1.0.56 which I updated to today) on startup so I have to uninstall / reinstall the entire app.

The Hyperlinks panel then works as it should until the first glitch (the panel stops letting me amend a hyperlink) - when I relaunch, I lose my grey / red / green indicator 'lights' and the page indicator where the link is located which is an issue I was having before.

Often I have to remove the hyperlinks as they corrupt easily and then re-apply them - most annoying when there are hundreds of them in a document.

The hyperlinks function really is a buggy pile of doo-doo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick,

Can you share indd document with us which is causing crash? You can share the document at ssrivast@adobe.com.

For your issue of hyperlink corruption, can you provide exact steps with some sample indd document?

Thanks,

Sushil Kumar Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sushil,

Any solution for PC users?

Thanks,

Juliana Farias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Juliana,

In order to provide the solution, I need to first find exactly what issue you are facing in your PC.

It would be better if you can share the supporting files as well to reproduce the issue. You can share the files at ssrivast@adobe.com

Thanks and Regards,

Sushil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am also having issues on a PC with InDesign freezing up when trying to work with Hyperlinks.

Is there a patch available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this fix still apply to CC2018 (13.1.0.76)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing the "Not Responding" when trying to work with the hyperlinks palette. (ID CC 11.2.0)
I think I read someone responding that it will do that if hyperlink destinations are in other files. I am working on an ID book and have all the files in the book open but it still struggles for a really long time and when it finally stops spinning, the moment I try to adjust a link the file stops responding again, etc., etc. I also agree, it should be checking in the background.

Is there a plan to fix this issue?

Interestingly, I did not have this issue in CS 5.5 but we upgraded to CC (same book file).

I forgot to add, I'm on running windows 7 pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have experienced this when I combined two files. When I attempt to open the hyperlink panel I get the spinning wheel and InDesign become unresponsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021 and I'm also experiencing this with the latest InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines