• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC crashes on starting up trackers

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to open InDesign CC on my machine – the startup pane appears, and InDesign crashes when in reads 'starting up trackers'. Other CC apps are working as normal.

I've tried trashing the preferences, both on startup and by manually deleting the data in Preferences and Caches, and reinstalling InDesign, but the same thing continues to happen.

Crash report:  Process: Adobe InDesign CC 2017 [43123] Path: - Pastebin.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Thank you for sharing the details @Ekaterina32505933th5b. This issue was reported by other users as well so we have logged a bug and the team is working on a fix. I'll update the discussion as soon as I hear from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexander,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. As you have already tried deleting preferences manually. Please perform a clean uninstallation of InDesign by cleaner tool: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

and remove all InDesign folders from following locations:

Finder > Applications

~/Library/Caches

~/Library/Preferences

Reinstall InDesign from Creative Cloud: Learn how to download your Adobe Creative Cloud apps

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any reason why this user should HAVE to follow these steps, when they are trying to do their work? The disruption can easily kill off an hour.
Also don't type 'sorry' and 'regards' if you don't mean it... do you know how facile that comes across as?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @damianb_,

Software systems like anyother system can malfunction due to n number of moving parts, and resolution for malfunctions sometimes do require some extra steps. If we go by your argument then rebooting, booting in safe mode should be banned for troubleshooting. We should acknowledge the fact that sometimes things may be acting wonky due to factors that can't be handled proactively and hence some steps need to be done explicitly, and at the end of the day an Adobe employee is trying to help so I don't think it comes across as facile.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only an hour, two days are already killed... You write an error report and nobody answers. None of the solutions worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ekaterina32505933th5b,

I am sorry for the delay in response. If this is happening on the latest version of InDesign which is 18.5 and macOS Ventura, please update the OS to the newest version as other users reported this, and the issue was resolved by updating the OS. If you have Windows OS, please try the suggestions shared here and let us know how it goes. 

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Rishabh, 

thank you for your reply. I have verosion 17.1, becauase I have no 8GB RAM for a new version. 

My Windows 10 is updated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing the details @Ekaterina32505933th5b. This issue was reported by other users as well so we have logged a bug and the team is working on a fix. I'll update the discussion as soon as I hear from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled the program, deleted Preferences and the cache, reinstalled and still cannot start InDesign. Crashes at "starting up trackers". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines