• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC won't package my files

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign CC won't pacakge my graphic files with the following error; "Cannot copy necessary linked file(s).

I have recenly upgraded to CC version of InDesign, using InCopy text files, have never expreienced any issues with packaging before.

I also tried saving back to InDesign CS6 and opening in that version, also with the same error.

Any thoughts or assistance would be greatly appriiciated.

regards

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Check your links from links panel, there might be images with "/" in the filename. eg. photo/image.jpg or any invalid characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don‘t do that. Embedding increasea the indd file size. This is the main cause of corrupted files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-

I have a possible solution. Was wondering what caused this- was driving me nuts! My solution was the actual location of the images and links I was using. They were on a shared OneDrive folder, and so InDesign couldn't recognize it.

Now, when pulling regular links from the OneDrive even outside of InDesign, my Mac was having an issue, saying that I didn't have access to it (even though I created the folders I was trying to access on my previous computer...der der der) To remedy this I went online to the OneDrive website and downloaded the links from there, saving them to a folder on the computer. (really inconvenient, I know, but it worked).

I sugges you try doing the same- make sure the links are named properly, as everyone else was saying, and make sure that they are not on a shared drive, but 

on your computer.  

Maybe the desktop.

Hope this helps!

-Andrey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you had the smart sync feature enabled. Whether it's OneDrive, Dropbox or any other cloud based sharing/storage service that MUST be turned off!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't appear to be the issue, but you can use files on a shared drive.

• Make sure someone else does not have the file opened.
  • Make sure you turn off this setting (on by default):
  • image.png
David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try change the root folder where your saving the package. I tried it and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines