• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC2015 Printing fonts only in Black

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When printing directly from InDesign all of my fonts are converting to Black (white or colored text on dark backgrounds). If I convert the text to outlines, or if I export to a PDF and then print the PDF everything prints fine. So it has to be something with the color handling in InDesign itself, but I'm at a loss. I just started a new job, so they had everything configured prior to me starting.

Anyone have any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This screenshot should help:

black.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the first thing I checked, but the text as black is turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the printer set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about Simulate Overprint? Is it unchecked?

Check the colors used for the problem text fills, are any of them spot colors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a problem in ID 2021 using PRINT BOOKLET to a Canon Pixma A3 printer. Some of my colored fonts were printing as black. I searched for hours for a solution. It was not easy to find, but I found the little bugger. I will share my experience to save headaches. One tip I found while trying to sort it out, is a print summary button you can click just before printing. In the long list I saw a line for Text as Black = on. So I looked for text as black in Indesign settings, it was not to be found. Text as black option to uncheck this awful little box came up only after PRINT BOOKLET and getting the Pixma printing options windows. I have attached a screen shot. Look for this window and uncheck Text as Black and your fonts will print as black where they are default text and color fonts where you have assigned custom color. Voila. 

indesign font why printing as black only.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU! It worked, was driving me nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines