Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign changes Excel text color

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm working in a catalogue/price list so i've been importing excel files to indesign. It all has worked well so far but now (I don't know why) when I import the file the text tuns red. I don't what changed because I've working with no problems and untill now InDesign has kept the excel appearance. Can someone help?

Thank you!

BR,

Elisabete 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could something have been changed in the character/cell style that is shifting the color?

Since the number in the following cells appear to not have changed, that would be my first guess. Check your cell styles to see if a text color change has creeped into it somehow.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Further to Randy's answer, did you import the Excel file with Show Import Options selected and made sure that Formatted Table was selected? This setting sticks, so if at any point in the past Unformatted Table was selected, that will ignore any special formatting/colors and take on the Table Style slected in the ID document including any Paragraph/Character/Cell Styles defined to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines