Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign changing page and image color after placing images from Illustrator

Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everynone!
I'm going crazy with color issues in InDesign. I have read all the articles about color management but haven't solved my issue. I'm using InDesign and Illustrator 2022. Have defined in Bridge Color Settings: North America General Purpose 2. 
The images created in Illustrator when imported to InDesign changes, but it also changes the color of text already placed in the page. When I edit the text, and the text box is active, the reverts to the original color. But once I end the edition, it goes back to the wrong color. If I remove the png file it also reverts to the original color.
I'm sending my InDesign and Illustrator Color Settings and an image with Illustrator and InDesign colors. 
Can somebody help? I'm really going crazy with it. 😞

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Looks like your AI file’s document color space is RGB and contains transparency? If you want to preview the full RGB gamut, set the IID Transparency Blend space to Document RGB. Keep in mind if you are printing the ID doc, the RGB colors will still get converted to CMYK—Overprint Preview soft proofs for print output.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like your AI file’s document color space is RGB and contains transparency? If you want to preview the full RGB gamut, set the IID Transparency Blend space to Document RGB. Keep in mind if you are printing the ID doc, the RGB colors will still get converted to CMYK—Overprint Preview soft proofs for print output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot Rob! It solved the issue!!!!!! In all the solutions I saw, none mentioned the IID Transparency Blend space. Mine was set to CMYK and when I changed to RBG everything went back to normal. This is a digital booklet I'm working on so there will be no issues with printing. Thanks for saving my day 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines