InDesign character and paragraph panel content keeps disappearing

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone worked out why the InDesign character and paragraph panel content keeps disappearing?

I know it is a cache issue and to solve it I have to reset my InDesign cache.  My question is, how do I avoid it in the first place?

It has happened to me 3 times now in the last month.  Is it something I have set up incorrectly?

TOPICS
Bug , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never experienced it. But many write in this and other forums about panel problems. I can only recommend to delete the InDesign preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @crooksdesign ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestion shared by @Willi Adelberger  For information on how to restore the preferences, please refer to this article https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html 

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

.....and its happened again this morning.

The only thing I can think of is I changed my Workspace to Essentials Classic 2 days ago.

I had deleted my Preferences and Cache before that.

I'm running OS 12.4 on a Mac Studio (Apple M1 Max).  InDesign version 17.3

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines