Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Color find/replace glitch?

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello InDesign experts!

I recently started expoloring InDesign's find/change abilities. Sometimes it works great but today I am running into an issue. When I go through the process, InDesign is replicating the swatch that I want to change my select color to. Instead of just changing it to that swatch it is adding a swatch with the same color and name but with a number after it. If I try to do it over again then it adds another swatch with the next chronological number after the name. Has this happened to anyone else and, if so, do you know what I am doing wrong?

Thank you so much! Angeline

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Angeline,

to understand what's going wrong and to help:

Please provide a simple sample InDesign document where you see the issue.

And also do a screenshot of the Find/Change dialog where we can see the swatch that should be found and the one that will replace it.

Put the InDesign document on Dropbox or a similar service and post the download link.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines