• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Color Settings Not Sticking

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason my InDesign 2019 will not retain the color settings I choose. As soon as I quit the app and restart it goes back to "Emulate Adobe InDesign 2.0 CMS Off"

I have reinstalled the app.

I have wiped all settings.

I have cleared the Adobe Color Cache folder.

I am running Mac OS Mojave (which works fine with color settings in InDesign 2018). I also checked another Mojave machine with ID2019 and the settings were fine on it.

Anyone else running into this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Answered here... Apparently when I deleted my color cache I hadn't closed all the apps or something. I also opened Bridge first after deleting the cache this time (not sure if that matters or not, but it worked.)

Color settings won't sync/stick in CC 2019 Apps [macosx 10.14]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am. For example, earlier today my hot pink color ACTUALLY looks hot pink in my text. Now since I've updated to 2019, the text color in my original file (created in IDD 2018) looks like a dusty rose NOT hot Pink

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Document Setup/Intent

I'm in the same boat everyone else here. Created a layered PSD in RGB, linked to InDesign, using CC 2018 apps. Then upgraded to CC 2019 apps. Suddenly, the RGB preview in InDesign looks terrible, like generic CMYK. The RGB file looked correct in the InDesign Links panel, and in Bridge, and Photoshop.

Wasted a day trying to sort it out. it was not Bridge settings. It was not color profiles. It turned out to be the Document Setup. I'm designing a book cover for both eBook and print. I start in RGB and then convert to CMYK once approved. The Doc Setup had the Intent set for Print. It forced a CMYK preview. Changing the Intent to Web restored the RGB preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Color Settings dont syncronize anymore. I just installed the old version again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a rule of thumb and certainly if you work professionally, never update on day 1.

Leave it a few weeks, I even consciously work on 2 version behind to make sure I have minimal bugs as it's my livelihood.

2 things are infinite;

The universe & Adobe's buggy software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is so true!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answered here... Apparently when I deleted my color cache I hadn't closed all the apps or something. I also opened Bridge first after deleting the cache this time (not sure if that matters or not, but it worked.)

Color settings won't sync/stick in CC 2019 Apps [macosx 10.14]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the steps that have been working for me and my creative team:

1. If you use an Adobe supplied Color Settings preset, go to next step, otherwise use Photoshop Color Settings, to create your desired color settings, and then Save a named Preset.

2. Quit all Adobe apps

3. Hold down the Option key, and choose the Go Menu.

4. Chose Library.

5. Go to Preferences/Adobe/Color

6. Delete this file: ACEConfigCache2.lst

7.  Go into Bridge 2018 (or 2019 if you have already deleted Bridge 2018), and go to Edit, Color Settings, and chose your desired preset, and click Apply.  If done in Bridge 2018, you don't need to do it in Bridge 2019.

8.  Quit Bridge, and now all your 2018 and 2019 apps will be "Synchronized" and will not revert back to the factory defaults!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked and I'm using the CC 2021. My color settings got messed up with the last auto update and I'd tried various solution with no luck – but this worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe says the color settings issue has now been fixed in the new 9.0.1.216 update.

Re: Color settings won't sync/stick in CC 2019 Apps [macosx 10.14]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently dealing with this issue on indesign version 16.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi D-B,

see this thread from a week ago:

Color Settings - Reverting to Emulate Adobe Indesign 2.0 CMS Off
craigb17, Mar 17, 2021
https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/color-settings-reverting-to-emulate-adobe-indesign-2-0-cms-o...

Follow Rob Day's suggestions:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/color-settings-reverting-to-emulate-adobe-indesign-2-0-cms-o...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I tried that fix today and it worked for less than an hour before reverting back. Please let me know if there is another fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try setting your Color settings to a default CSF, quitting all of your CC apps, deleting the ACEConfigCache2.lst file, and restarting your computer? What OS are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Mojave 10.14.6

I didn't reboot and I had Indesign open while I deleted the cached file.. although my cached file doesn't have that file name. The current one in there now is ACECache11i...

So I need to close all CC apps, then delete, and then reboot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of cache files, when this happened in an earlier version supposedly the one in the  Preferences>Adobe>Color folder—ACEConfigCache2.lst was the fix.

Make sure you are looking in ⁨

username ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Preferences⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe⁩ ▸ ⁨Color⁩

There is also:

⁨username ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Caches⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe⁩ ▸ ⁨Color⁩

You have to at least restart InDesign to rebuild the caches—I don’t think you can do harm by deleting cache files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have just deleted the wrong cache file the first time.  I did a little more digging and found the ACEConfigCache2 file.  Hopefully that worked,  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Please let me know if there is another fix."

Not that I know…

You may ask this in the other linked thread from March 17, 2021, because this one began with an issue in InDesign 2019 in October 2018.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines