• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Color Theme Tool bar won't go away.

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a quick question about the Color Theme Tool bar. I accidently clicked it and now it is on my screen forever and I can't get it off. Is there any way to get it off my screen?

Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 2.55.38 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

The two standard ways to dismiss the floating tool bar for the Color Theme tool: (1) Press the Escape tool closes it so you could choose another sample. (2) Choosing another tool (like the Selection tool) temporarily hides it but will reappear if you choose the Color Theme tool again.

If that doesn't work, I'd quit out of InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two standard ways to dismiss the floating tool bar for the Color Theme tool: (1) Press the Escape tool closes it so you could choose another sample. (2) Choosing another tool (like the Selection tool) temporarily hides it but will reappear if you choose the Color Theme tool again.

If that doesn't work, I'd quit out of InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! Just pressing the escape tool got it off the screen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried ESC but it didn't work so I ended up having to quit InDesign to make that bar go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. ESC didn't work. Quitting and restarting did.

InDesign 17.0.1

macOS 12.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had it hanging around all day, if you reselect the Colour Theme Tool.. keep it active, then.. hit Escape, and you're good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you....this works perfectly:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you bring another window on top of the indesign window and then get back to indesign, the color theme bar goes away. It might be a refresh issue. Esc does not work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines