• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign crash when duplicating or copying the frame after remove the plugin

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remove my plugin from indesign folder and open the Indesign document (I used plugin into the same document) and perform copy operation using "Command + C" then InDesign crash.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with every document or some document that you created with the plugin? Trash InDesign preferences, it might help

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not happen with every document, it happen with those document, In which I apply some fucntionality of the plugin on the same document

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then probably its your code that corrupted the document. Export the document to IDML and it should be fine. Look at your code on what you add to the document and how you handle missing plugin scenario

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I modify the hiddenTextEditor plugin for textAdornment ON and OFF, In the document, I used textAdornment fucntionality but when I delete/move the plguin from the folder and reopen the document and try to copy any content from document then Indesign closed/crashed automatically 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that is what I said that you did something in the code that is causing these crashes. Now it's only you who can debug and identify what is causing your crash. If I were in your position, I would start by commenting out the chunks I added to the sample plugin and thus by trials identify the code that's causing the issues.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Checked with the sample plugin(hidden text editor) without doing any modification then happening the same things (InDesign application crashed/closed).
Means InDesign will crashing cause I modified the code, it crashed with the sample plugin also

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What plugin in are you talking about?

What happens if you export the file as IDML and use that now? 

Maybe you should export to IDML before removing the plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You @Willi Adelberger, InDesign not crashing after exporting to IDML but my requirement is that I want to copy the data from the document(INDD file) without exporting INDD to IDML, and without crashing the InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to contact the plugin developer as the underlaying problem is not InDesign but the plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ravi25527747efwu,

As we have been trying to telling you all along. This is a crash caused by that plugin and going by what you said so far, it seems you are the developer of this plugin, so you need to debug that. We can't guess and tell you what needs to be done to resolve your issue, as we don't know what is written in your code and can't debug it. So this discussion is not going to lead anywhere. The only help we can offer is when you are able to debug your code and figure out whats the problem and need suggestions on how to handle that situation.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Manan Joshi 
This is happening with the "hiddenText editor" sample plugin also. If I didn't change anything in the sample code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, now we are talking. Well in such a case I will try to reproduce the issue when I get time and them probably I will have something more to talk about.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Manan Joshi, Did you able to reproduced the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export the documents that used the plugin to .idml to strip ouot the plugin information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From HidTxt.fr:

// Custom story thread (ITextStoryThread) and owned item (IOwnedItem) implementations are 
// not supported by missing plug-in workflows. If a document with hidden text is passed to a 
// user that does not have the HiddenText plug-in the application may become unstable and 
// document corruption may happen. Therefore we mark this plug-in's data as critical so the
// user will receive a string warning not to open documents with hidden text data when the
// plug-in is missing.

When you remove your critical plug-in required by a document, that should cause the "missing plug-in" dialogs rather than crash the application. Have you eventually modified the example project by removing these other objects, or the CriticalTags resources ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Dirk Becker !
I didn't modified the sample projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines