• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign crashed when converting text to table, now it crashes when I do anything.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I built a table of contents for a magazine, and the style that my predecesor created requires that the table of contents be built in a table.  So I had my table of contents created as text all ready to convert, and when I did, it crashed InDesign.  So, I cleared the cache, and restarted the computer, then I opened up indesign again, opened up the document, and just clicked on the text box with the table of contents in it, and it crashed again.  Now, i can't do anything in that file without InDesign crashing.  I'm on deadline, and this is the last thing I need to do.  Any ideas?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you reset ID's preferences? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html

Just out of curiousity, can you post a screen grab of the TOC? I'd like to see the table-required design. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up (as quickly as possible) exporting the whole document to an IDML file and relinking everything.  That seemed to bypass whatever coruption was in the original file.  Luckily, that was the last month the magazine ToC needs to be built that way, since I'm rebranding it now.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IDML is always a good solution for document-specific issues. Glad you worked it out, and you're done with it. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines