• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Crashed With No Recovery - Saved To Google Drive

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My indesign file just crashed and it came up with an error message saying it could not recover the file. Is there any chance there could be a recovery file saved somewhere on my desktop? I have tried following all the locations on google but I can't see any Adobe folders in my Cashes folder.

I've checked the File Handling tab under my preferences and unfortunately cannot see the full file save location but it does seem to be the same as where I've seen suggested online - the end of the location is 'Version 16.0:en_GB:InDesign Recovery' - but I cannot actually find where this is

The file I was working from is saved to my Google Drive, so I'm not sure if this could have impacted it, but I've never had this problem before.

It was an entire newspaper that was due in this evening, so I'm royally screwed 🙂

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have contacted yout IT depart? is this a company shared drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never use google drive but OneDrive and Dropbox both have autoversioning features that allow you to recover every saved version of a file, even if it's been deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I agree with the suggestions given earlier by Bob & Jonathan. 
Also, please make sure files are not synced for "Online only." You can change files or folders to "Available offline", the option is found under the "Drive File Stream" option in the right-click menu. I hope it helps to improve the performance.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines