Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign crashes upon launch, foreign fonts still problematic

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fellow Adobe users and hopefully developers,

I've already asked the Apple community about how to remove all the additional foreign fonts on our Adobe software but it seems I'm caught in a in-between state of Apple/Adobe alluding it is the responsibility of the other party to remove the additional foreign fonts. I understand the concept of the Mac OS needing many options of fonts, I've just run into the very big problem of InDesign crashing upon launch (Day 3 of this... very bad for productivity), which drove me to research what to do when I stumbled upon a post that said to try clearing the Font cache on my MacBook Pro. I did, it seems to help launch InDesign more consistently but it still crashed a few times until this moment (knock on wood). If I needed to clear my font cache on my Mac OS yet still see multiple pages of foreign fonts on my Adobe software (bracing to see what havoc the next launch of InDesign will bring) this still leaves the problem of which company will resolve the multi-language fonts showing in our font options that we don't need? Which company will step up - Adobe or Apple? SOS

Signed,

Feel like I'm caught in the middle of a nasty battle of will

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you know that it's "foreign fonts" which are causing your crashes. I never worry about international fonts that get installed on my system or try to remove them, and I NEVER get such crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The foreign fonts shown on Adobe product font options are mostly what this post is referring to, through discussion on Apple community board and this board (2019) there still isn't a resolution of how to disable or at least not view all the options of foreign fonts while using InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop specifically. The crash upon launch of InDesign brought me to an option of clearing the font cache in particular. Causation or correlation... I cannot answer that as that is beyond my scope. It simply caused me to recall the lack of restraint Adobe and Apple has with their foreign font cascade of options without ability to turn them off, so to speak. If you regularly use these software programs, you would feel the pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree. I see nothing wrong is having lots of options for using the various language systems around the world. It is helpful for me and others to have those options without having to pay for a expensive add-ons.

They have no negative effect on me nor most other people (you're the first person I've heard complain of this).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines