• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign crashes when adding/deleting pages

New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 45 page document and am trying to add one page in the middle of the document. Every time I try to do so the spinning wheel of death pops up. I have tried moving the pages into a new document, saving as an IDML document, as well as opening the document on a different computer. Any suggestions? I appreciate the help.

Allie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Hey everybody!

after speaking to Adobe chat help, they asked me to send my file to them. They sent it back to me and everything went back to normal.

Heres their reply when I asked them how they did it

"File was corrupted , we recovered it by using scripts and then saved as IDML."

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it’s CC2017 on a Sierra Mac, disable GPU acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.

I have a 200 page document with photos. There are two pages that when I export the document these pages come out without any information.

When I have the document open in Indesign, the pages look grey, like the background.

When I try to add a page, the program crashes. I do have CC2017 on a Sierra mac, but I've disabled GPU and am still having the same issue...

@allieb76349564 have you found the solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried the above suggestions but no luck...I also tried reinstalling InDesign as well as the good ole power off/power on but nothing changed. @chaiadechen Let me know if you figure it out and I'll do the same!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you have CC 2017.0 you can either upgrade to CC 2017.1 otherwise you can see this help page Troubleshoot text selection issues

If the above does not solve your problem, then as Bob said, if you are on Mac OS 10.12.4 and with an Intel GPU you can try if turning off GPU performance from preferences works for you.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody!

after speaking to Adobe chat help, they asked me to send my file to them. They sent it back to me and everything went back to normal.

Heres their reply when I asked them how they did it

"File was corrupted , we recovered it by using scripts and then saved as IDML."

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to delete a page and InDesign crashes. Was fine yesterday, and today it's not working at all. Tried all teh suggested fixes, everything is up to date, what is going on Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if things were OK yesterday, something on your system changed. Any new software or updates?

Have you tried resetting the prefs? Reset InDesign Preferences and Other Troubleshooting 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines