Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign crashes when exporting print PDF

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My InDesign has been crashing every time I try to export a print PDF. It will still let me export an interactive PDF, so I am not sure what the issue is. There are certain documents that I need to export with bleed and crop marks, which interactive does not allow. Any advice would be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Do half-blade method to identify bugged page:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/error-background-pdf/m-p/10674245

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the InDesign forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

Please provide your OS and version number. That will help others troubleshoot.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs, installation issues, or account issues such as subscription questions or billing problems, or generalized questions about Creative Cloud services.

* Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.
* Installation questions should be posted in the Download & Install community.
* Account issues, including subscription questions or billing problems, should be posted in the Account, Payment, & Plan community.
* Questions about the Creative Cloud desktop app or general questions about apps in the Creative Cloud should be posted to the Creative Cloud Services community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I am using version 17.3 on a PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do half-blade method to identify bugged page:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/error-background-pdf/m-p/10674245

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be an image with a corrupt ICC profile, which your Print PDF is trying to include, but is choking on. When you narrow down what page is causing things to fail (as per George's suggestion), see what graphics are on that page. Sometimes opening and resaving an image can remedy the issue, if not, it may be a matter of applying a different profile to that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly same problem, some file crash, some file not, interactive help, but if i use a script for export with interactive a folder, it will crash

support adobe try 3 time to help me, no solution from them....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do half-bade method and find your enemy. Support can't help here.

Хочешь что-то сделать хорошо, сделай это сам.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

before use the preflight, 0 error

after use preflight 485 error... i don t know how to resolve all error...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines