• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign crashes when exporting tables within text frame

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help me? I have designed a book containing lots of tabels within the text. All text frames are linked together, from page 1 tot page 208. 

When I export to pdf, InDesign crashes. I have found that the error is because of the tables within a text frame. When I cut the tables and place them in their own frame, it is no problem. But this is quite a lot of work for me to cut and replace all tables in the entire book. 
Does anyone have a solution for me? Or is anyone known with this error?

(Sorry for my bad English, I am not a native speaker). 
TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please file a bug so this can be fixed: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessica,

one thing you could try:

Open the document and export to the exchange file format IDML.

Open the IDML file as InDesign document and save it to a new name.

Inspect the document if everything is in best order with formatting and the layout elements.

Then try again to export to PDF.

What you are experience is not a known or common error.

Could you export parts of the document? So you may be able to try the first half of the pages, then the other half to get to the point, hopefully only one single page, where a single frame is the issue. Maybe it is ok only to change one single table out of many.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have this problem. I have a book with several tables in it within the text frames. Whenever I try to export the document to a PDF it crashes. It also crashes at other times when I am processing book functions. This needs to be looked into if it is an unknown issue. It has happened to me several times. I will be happy to share files if needed if it would help. 

The issue is strange in that it is only some tables. Some pages with tables work fine and others crash when exporting to PDF. I can export certain pages of the file fine. But others crash it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines