• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Crashes When Opening indd files (any of my indd files)

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,
I am new to Adobe InDesign. I recently purchased a media company and along with that the previous own provided me with a library of folders for previous issues of one of our magazines. Each issue folder contains an .indd file, a "Links" subfolder containing the images, a Document Fonts folder, and a file named "Instructions.txt."
I recently installed and am running InDesign 18.2.1. I really haven't done anything in it except recently I tried to open some of the .indd files. I have tried opening multiple files, not just one. In every case, it looks like it's going to open and then InDesign simply crashes. This happens if I tried to open the .indd file by double-clicking on it or if I open InDesign and then try to open the file from within the application. Here is the contents of the error report below. I would really appreciate it if someone could let me know what is going on here. Thank you!

Process: Adobe InDesign 2023 [4024]
Path: /Applications/Adobe InDesign 2023/Adobe InDesign 2023.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe InDesign 2023
Identifier: com.adobe.InDesign
Version: 18.2.1.455 (18210)
Code Type: ARM-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [1]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2023-04-22 08:36:21.5817 -0400
OS Version: macOS 13.2.1 (22D68)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 9ADDACE4-9C43-BF12-754F-2593CE5F71BB

Sleep/Wake UUID: 317DA289-12F8-4355-9B08-F6B50FD666D1

Time Awake Since Boot: 17000 seconds
Time Since Wake: 4154 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000

Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 11 Segmentation fault: 11
Terminating Process: exc handler [4024]

VM Region Info: 0 is not in any region. Bytes before following region: 4340908032
REGION TYPE START - END [ VSIZE] PRT/MAX SHRMOD REGION DETAIL
UNUSED SPACE AT START
--->
__TEXT 102bd0000-102bd8000 [ 32K] r-x/r-x SM=COW ...InDesign 2023

Kernel Triage:
VM - pmap_enter retried due to resource shortage

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I did see this article and tried these suggestions but I'm getting the same error. Is there any way to speak to an Adobe customer service person? Is there anyone who can tell me exactly what the error messages I am receiving means? 
Thank you, again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try toggling "GPU Performance" setting present in the "Preferences". If this does not work then you could try reinstall as well. To contact Adobe support follow the instructions given below.
1. Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
2. Wait a bit on the page that opens up, it should automatically open a chat popup. If that does not happen then look for a call out/chat icon at the bottom right, click over it and the chat popup should open
3. In order to talk to a human type "AGENT" in the chat box
4. If you are not able to get to the chat window, then disable your adblockers, firewall, enable cookies/scripts on your browser. If it still fails then change your browser/machine/network.

P.S. Be mindful of answering anyone who sends you a private message. See the following for more information about scammers
https://tinyurl.com/y7cfrr7y
-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines