Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

InDesign crashes with anchored object settings

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm placing anchored objects throughout a document and nearly every time I open the anchored objects settings to customize placement, the whole file crashes. It's crashed at least a dozen times in the last 20 minutes.

This has rarely ever happened before - how can i fix it?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening with just the one document or with every document that you try? If it is just the one document then you could try exporting it as an IDML file (File>Export>IDML). Then open that document in your version of InDesign and resave it as an InDesign file. This process can remove some forms of corruption from a file. Hopefully, that is all it will take.

If there is still a problem please make sure that you provide the version of InDesign and operating system that you are using.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to the helpful response shared by Bill, please try following the troubleshooting steps shared on this community post to fix the unexpected behavior in the InDesign.

For file troubleshooting, please follow this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/troubleshoot-file-issues.html

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kristen,

it is important to know the exact version of InDesign you see this happen. Is there an anchored text frame as well?

There's a bug with Align To Baseline of texts in anchored text frames with versions CC 2019 to 2021 version 16.2. that could lead to a crash The bug was finally fixed in InDesign 16.3.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines