• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign crashing keyboard and mouse clik on Windows Surface Book Pro

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows 10 & 11 on a Windows Surface Book Pro, when working in Adobe In Design, randomly, 1 out of 5 times, more or less, the computer keyboard crashes outside of the InDesign application, I can work in the program, but outside of it, I have to use shortcuts, or keys to be able to open folders and use other programs since the double click to open them stops working. The problem is only solved when I restart the computer. Quite a mistery (and a misery when I need to get work done).

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the version of Surface Book Pro - and what version of InDesign?

AS far as I know, you can't use the pen or touchscreen but should work ok. 

Can you let us know how you're navigating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, InDesign works but nothing else does? Have you put the computer into tablet mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your attention. Briefly: I open Adobe In Design 2023 on a Surface Book 3 Laptop, I work there in normal mode, no tablet, but suddenly, after clicking here and there in Adobe In Design, when I go back to the desktop I realize that the double click does not work anymore, I cannot open folders by double clicking (only by commands) and it becomes erratic to work in other programs. I work with a keyboard that I have to switch to Spanish with a command, maybe that command when I'm in Adobe Indesign interferes with the rest of the computer, I don't know. To get back to work I have to restart the computer, everything goes back to normal but once I'm working in InDesign it goes again....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines