• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign crashing on launch on macOS BigSur (M1)

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Os BigSur - M1

Indesign Crashing on Opening ..I did install and delete again trough the "delete installation" of Adobe Cloud

Any suggestion?

Crash doesnt give me any feedback

Premiere, Photoshp, Illustrator are working well!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the crashing! I know that's really frustrating. Which version of InDesign is this?

Please try the steps shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/advanced-troubleshooting-for-launch-issues/td-p/11394034?pag...) and share your observations with us. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The current version Of InDesign does not run natively on a Mac with the M1 computer chip. Rather it is supposed to run using the emulation software known as Rosetta 2. This has caused numerous problems with many of the Creative Cloud programs and is most likely the source of the problems that you are having with InDesign. There is now a beta version of InDesign available for M1 computer users. Please see https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/934389-indesign-beta-apple-silicon-support for more details about downloading and installing it. I would strongly suggest deleting your InDesign preference files when you install the Beta version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines