• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign crashing when clicked on publish online buton & the publish dashboard is shown empty on mac

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to publish several booklet documents that I've published in previous weeks, InDesign immediately crashes when I click the publish button. Simple, newly created documents, however, do successfully publish.

In addition, the publish dashboard is empty, although when I travel to the URLs I've saved the documents are there.

Here's what I'm using

Mac Mini (2018), 16 GB of memory

macOS Monterey 12.3.1 (the latest)

InDesign 17.2 (the latest)

Yes, I've rebooted my Mac, reset InDesign's preferences, and logged in and out of my Adobe account.

I even tried using an old version of InDesign (16.4) and got exactly the same results — an empty dashboard with previously published documents immediately crashing InDesign 16.4 when I attempt to publish them.

None of this was the case prior to a couple of weeks ago — everything worked fine. The only thing that's changed on my computer during that time is the macOS "upgrade" to Monterrey 12.3.1.

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Performance , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Quercus gambelii,

We are sorry to hear you're experiencing a crash while the publishing dashboard and thanks for trying to solve the issue. We will try our best to investigate.

To investigate further, we would request you to please share the below details-

• Does the issue happen with every file or with a specific file?
  • Please share the location of the file saved on your machine.
  • Are you able to share the InDesign file with us so that we can check at our end?
  • Have you tried publishing the same file on any other machine?
  •  Please try saving the file as IDML and then try publishing it. Let us know if that helps.

Note: Submit a crash report by following the steps in this help article

While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

We will try our best to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After using another machine where the dashboard contents did appear, I tracked down the problem to a Chrome browser extension — AdGuard. After deactivating AdGuard, the items in the dashboard appear as they should.

The files I uploaded were various versions of an InDesign file (a 32-page booklet) that immediately crashed InDesign when I clicked the publish button. Each of these files had a missing font, but replacing the font with another did not fix the crashing problem — they still crash InDesign as soon as I click the publish button.

The final version of the file, however, does publish with no problem. I'm unsure of the problem with the preliminary versions, but each contained a missing font. I've subsequently tested several other similar files from other projects that publish without problems.

The problem is mostly solved (at least to the point of me being able to finish the job). Thank you. I greatly appreciate your response that led me on a path to tracking down the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Quercus gambelii,

your missing font issue with InDesign 17.2 could be related to this bug:

installed font missing InDesign 17.2 macOS 12.3 (Monterey) and macOS Catalina
Tom Moulaert, Mar 29, 202
https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/44970238-installed-font...

My suggestion would be to go back to InDesign 17.1 or 17.0.1.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines