• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Crashing while working on a OneDrive saved file

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see there are a few threads about InDesign crashing, so I am not sure if the problem I'm about to describe is unique or not. For my work, a team of individuals access a series of documents at different times (we each have different parts to write/proofread). All of our documents are designed using InDesign. For the past several months, InDesign has crashed while I'm working on a document. All of our documents are stored on OneDrive. When this happens, the file locks and I'm not able to open it or move it. It shows as continuously syncing on OneDrive. However, other team members can open and resave the document under a new name so that we can all access it. Others are able to delete the old file as well. While I can access the newly saved file on my end, I am not able to delete the old file--it continues to appear as syncing and locked. I spoke with our company's tech support about the issue and they seem to think that InDesign crashes when another person is trying to open or work in the document at the same time as me. However, there are a couple of instances when that is probably not true. Has anyone else experienced this using InDesign on OneDrive? Right now, I am the only person on my team experiencing this issue with InDesign. 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry about the crashing. As you are using Onedrive, many variables affect application performance when you save and open files across a network drive. When there is a network connectivity issues that prevent any version of InDesign from reading or writing to open files, it performs a protective shutdown. The shutdown can appear to be an application crash or unexpected quit. However, it is intentional behavior to protect from data loss. I would suggest you to work with your IT departmen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the crashing. As you are using Onedrive, many variables affect application performance when you save and open files across a network drive. When there is a network connectivity issues that prevent any version of InDesign from reading or writing to open files, it performs a protective shutdown. The shutdown can appear to be an application crash or unexpected quit. However, it is intentional behavior to protect from data loss. I would suggest you to work with your IT department to resolve network connectivity issues. Also, you may copy files to a local drive before opening with InDesign and upload them later to OneDrive once you finished working on it.

Let us know if you need any further assistance; we'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much. I appreciate this feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines