Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign crashing

New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Im new to Indesign and had to get it for my next college class. I dowloaded it this morning and the program keeps crashing and saying there is an error upon opening. I can't get past the first screen. My class started, so I really need to be able to use this program as soon as possible.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get help with that, you'll have to provide more details about your computer and operating system, along with the extact error message(s) you see and when they appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lenovo laptop. I run the newest version of windows, everything is up to date. I am able to run lightroom and photoshop from Adobe without any issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try holding down the Ctrl, Alt and Shift keys immediately as you launch InDesign and say yes when asked about deleting the prefence files (if you aren't asked, try again  -- you weren't fast enough) and see if that makes a difference. Seems odd to me that the program is starting with the Touch workspace by default.

If it doesn't help, see Reset InDesign Preferences and Other Troubleshooting for how to do a manual reset, including clearing the caches.

You may find you even need to uninstall, run the cleaner tool (Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to solve installation problems ) and reinstall, but before doing that try  launching in Safe Mode or from a new user login account on the computer to eleiminate the possibility of conflicts with backround tasks or user-specific conflicts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ashley24565138y9am,

Hope you're doing well!

We would like to follow up on your issue. Are you able to resolve the issue by following our expert's advice? Please feel free to update the discussion if you need further assistance from us.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines