• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CS3needs re-activation since I replaced iMac logicboard

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK...so I fried a couple of USB ports on my 2007 iMac so I replaced the logicboard.  USB ports work fine now but when I tried to use my ordinarily fine-working ID software I get the "Activation needed" message.

Will replacing the logicboard cause the ID software to think it's on a different computer and that it needs activation?  Adobe has been no help in getting the ID software re-activated.

TOPICS
Activation billing and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

You are most likely out of luck. The CS3 activation servers have been de-commissioned for years. Therre was a period of time in which registeerd CS3 users could obtain a new serial number and a new installer that did not require activation, but all the information I've been able to find so far indicates that Adobe is no longer providing that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are most likely out of luck. The CS3 activation servers have been de-commissioned for years. Therre was a period of time in which registeerd CS3 users could obtain a new serial number and a new installer that did not require activation, but all the information I've been able to find so far indicates that Adobe is no longer providing that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Fred16B7 , did you also replace the startup drive with the old CS3 installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The repair service forgot to reset your computer to its original MAC address. They can do it, so older apps need not to be reactivated. Once I was in vacation in the US I has a guarantee problem and the board was replaced in an Apple Store. Then I could not start any activated Adobe App. I went back and after some minutes they did reset the Seial number and the MAC address and I could use all apps. 
With CS3 you are out of luck. It is dead as the old pharaohs. No way to get any reactivation again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines