Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CS5 - Can't Select Text Box...

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having a problem with a text box, I can't select it or select the text inside or anything. I don't know what to do. I am able to select anything else I want on the page except for this one text box.

Any ideas?

Monica

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 09, 2012 Jan 09, 2012

Hey Steve -

Go to the Object menu and choose "unlock all on spread."  Should do the trick.  That drove me totally crazy, too.  Good luck on your project.

Ken

LiveFromStPete

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same dilemma just a while ago, it wasn't lock or anything. It turns out that I unintentionally put a big text box on top of the text I'm working on lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came here with the same question.  I had added a rectangle for a frame (no fill) and it was sitting in front of my text box, so I couldn't actually highlight any of the text.  Silly mistake, but I had been editing the text fine before that, with that same rectangle there.  I sent the box back a couple of layers and the text was then on top. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines