Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CS6 Update Mac

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm looking for the InDesign CS6 Update: 8.0.3.419 for MacOS.

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you find it, you are limited to older OS for it to install (officially El Capitan, but many have functional Mojave installs)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on OS X 10.6.8, because I only really use this computer for Adobe and Microsoft Office. But when COVID came, I had to upgrade to OS to allow it to work with Zoom for virtual meetings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your work is mission critical I suggest you consider upgrading to the current version of InDesign (and check out your system spec).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Oliver,

As mentioned above, CS6 was released nine years ago and is no longer a part of Creative Cloud. Could you please share the exact version of macOS?

CS6 is not supported on anything later than macOS 10.9. For more details, please refer to this help article ( https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/system-requirements-old-versions.html ).
I hope this helps!

Regards,
Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X El Capitan

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)

Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Startup Disk: Macintosh SSD

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1 GB

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Those are the specifications of my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid that InDesign CS6 is supported till macOS 10.9. We do not have a compatible version for macOS 10.11 (El Capitan).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't need an application, I already have CS6 Design & Web Premium installed. I need the 8.0.3 update for InDesign as all the other applications have updated successfully through the AAM except InDesign.

If OS is really that big of an issue, I could downgrade back to OS X Mavericks and use the web version of Zoom and Slack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck - hope all goes well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign CS6 runs just fine on El Capitan. (I have it on an old backup 2007 macbook pro running 10.11.6, ID version 8.1.0.419). I also have it running just fine on an iMac 2015 running Mojave, so "your mileage may vary".

FYI: I literally just booted up that macbook pro (it's been a couple of years) and opened indesign, checked for updates, and it's offering them to me! so not sure why you aren't being offered them.

In any case: If you registered your CS6 Suite with Adobe, you can actually download the installer disk images from your Adobe account. I can't say if those are already pre-updated, but worth a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I have installed InDesign from my account using Design & Web Premium CS6 but is sadly just comes as version 8.0. 😞

When I open InDesign on 10.11.6 on the MBP, go to Help>Updates the update is there but when I try to install it, it tells me that updating has failed and presents me with a very vague error log file.

Just out of curiosity, do you know a place I can get the InDesign 8.1 offline patch file for CS6?

--Thanks for your help. 😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just did some digging, and it seems the (8.1.0.419) update is the CC version, which makes sense for my situation, as I run CC apps concurrently. I doubt you would be able to use the 8.1 patch if you aren't a CC subscriber even if you could find it.

So yes, the last "perpetual" update is 8.0.3.419, but those are no longer available online.... anywhere, and since the majority of people just had AAM do the updating back then, I doubt you will find anyone who has an offline updater.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines