Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

indesign data merge excel

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 10.35.36 AM.png

Hi My people! I need help! I have been trying for weeks this problem and hopefully someone can help me!! pleaseee!. Once I added the Data Merge is a google sheet (excel) but the text is in english and once I add it it does not recognise all the symbol. What can I do? or how do I do it? 

TOPICS
Print , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead saving your data sheet as .csv, try it saved as 'tab-delimited text' (.txt).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John! thanks for taking the time to help me!! I try it but it did not work 😞 . And I forgot to write down the .txt

I loaded is a french text and when I add it on the Data merge it does not recognize the symbols. But when I see it on the spread sheets there's no problem to recognize other language. What might be the problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally: Make sure that the tab-delimited text file is saved with UTF-8 encoding.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Uwe! thank you thank you for helping me! How do I see if it's save with UTF-8 encoding? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you on a Mac?

You should be able to do that with TextEdit in text mode.

There is an option for UTF-8 Unicode.

At least it was some years agon.

I switched to Windows 10 entirely, but this option should be still available with TextEdit.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines