• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign data merge glitch

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2 page indesign A3 landscape document which has 20 data fields (10 on each page) which are populated with numbers from a text file. I am having a really weird problem.  If I create a merged Indesign document it all works fine, but as it is a 3000 record data file it takes a long time to create this file.

But if I create a merged pdf from the original Indesign file, one of the datafields just repeats the number from the first page. All the other 19 fields merge correctly. I have recreated the data field but same happens.

I attach a merged pdf of records 1-20 to show the issue.

Any help appreciated!

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Print , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe there's a bug (suprised not fixed yet) - if you preview the data before doing the export then it fails.

Don't preview the data merge and try the export blindly - see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And make a new template file if this is what happened. Once damaged by previewing a data merge template never seems to work correctly again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did that. Still the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines