• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Doc Roboto getting 2 different 7's

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with someone remotely on an indesign doc.  She opens the file from Creative Cloud on her PC and the "7" in Roboto Regular has a curve to it, but when I open it, the "7" is correct and straight.  We have tried having her activate her fonts, downloading a new font file...nothing is working.  I am putting in 2 screen shots so you can see the 2 different 7's.  

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 12.20.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-20 at 12.19.48 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi addiecooper,

you could check the font's version when in your InDesign and she when she has the same document open.

Maybe there is a difference? Open the document and look under Type > Find Font… , select the font style and then look up the details in More Info. Here a sample from my German InDesign 2021 where I used a Roboto font activated through AdobeFonts:

Roboto-ActivatedByAdobeFonts-Type-FindFont.PNG

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue. Downloaded and installed the Roboto family from Google yesterday and noticed that instead, it resembles Franklin Gothic, with curved ends. Deleted those and activated the family through Adobe.

My screenshot shows how it looks on Adobe/Google website vs InDesign. Why is this?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines