• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign does not default to the [Default] document preset

Mentor ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a few different document presets, including the basic one called [Default]. Whenever I create a new InDesign document, one of the other presets is always selected instead of [Default], which is the complete antithesis of a "default" setting. Is this a bug, or how do I get it to select [Default] by default?

I'm using InDesign 17.3 on macOS 12.3.1.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this will help, but if you select with no documents open, the font you want together with size, leading alignment and so on plus from the Document Setup panel the trimmed page size, margins, bleed etc, these will now become the default settings when you select a New document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you not create INDT template to start with differen predefined documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would I?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kris Hunt ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I tested this on the latest version of InDesign v17.3 and macOS Monterey and it's working so could you please try changing it to default and then quit InDesign from the InDesign menu and check again. Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We would like to follow up on this issue, did the suggestions help?

Regards
Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why would I?

By @Kris Hunt

I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't know, so this is for other viewers...

A template can hold a lot more settings/info than just a few dimenions, including parent pages, swatches, styles, even any default page layouts needed. 

Simply double-clicking it brings all those settings to bare. The template can be saved on a server for others to use too. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kris Hunt , I think the New Document Preset is sticky—a New Document’s preset is the one that was chosen for the most recently created new document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines