Exit

Indesign does not export PDF (print) anymore

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone, 

I work a lot with InDesign and that never happened before:

I made a file with quite complex elements from AI (copy & paste) everything worked out but suddenly ID did not export pdf for print anymore. First there was an error in background export but that stopped - I restarted InDesign, my laptop and then deinstalled it and installed it again a view times (even the older version). But the problem did not stop - there is still something wierd happening.

There is no error in the background export anymore but even the most simple file is just waiting to be exported. (I added a video) When I export interaktive pdf it works.

Does anybody know what to do? I read something about that eps files are a problem for ID especially when they are complex (I have tried png instead but it does not work anymore). What could be wrong even after reinstalling the programm?  Help, please.

Thank you for every kind of advise, 
Luisa 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Hi @Luisa-Christin , have you tried trashing your InDesign Preferences and Caches? A reinstall wouldn’t necessarily create a new set of preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the InDesign forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs, installation issues, or account issues such as subscription questions or billing problems, or generalized questions about Creative Cloud services.

* Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.
* Installation questions should be posted in the Download & Install community.
* Account issues, including subscription questions or billing problems, should be posted in the Account, Payment, & Plan community.
* Questions about the Creative Cloud desktop app or general questions about apps in the Creative Cloud should be posted to the Creative Cloud Services community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Luisa-Christin , have you tried trashing your InDesign Preferences and Caches? A reinstall wouldn’t necessarily create a new set of preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey rob day, 

Thank you very much for your response. Yes I tried all of that and now it works again 🙂 
Have a nice day, 
Luisa 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines