• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign does not recognize installed font

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am really struggling with InDesign lately... I have a lot of issues with font recognition. I installed font - in windows system is everything correct, but Indesign does not recognize it and what is worse Indesign see font with all its cuts but I can use only 3 cuts from 20! Or sometime If I open other file I cannot use any of cuts. Please I really need help with that 😞 Tried everything I found here in community - clear filter, delete caches, reinstalled font (million times), reinstal indesign... 

This is indesign where any of cuts of this font work:

Indesign.JPG

This is indesign, only made another new document and font work but only 3 cuts from 20!!

same indesign different file.JPG

installed font.JPG

Thank youuu for your help.

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a Fonts folder with your InDesign file? 

If so - can you place the DIN font in this folder?

If not - can you create a Fonts folder in the same folder as the InDesign file and insert the Din font here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

thank you so so so much for your reply! I think this is a main core of my problem. Because I did experiment - I tried to adjust my document in my colleague's InDesign where all fonts are working, and when I did all my typographic changes (I changed cuts I needed etc.) and than I reopened it in my InDesign suddenly it all worked! So I think this is really a problem of how and from where is indesign reading or uploading font register somehow...(just really guessing 😄 Do not undestand this at all). And I also found out that before when only my 3 cuts where working it was probably because I had Font Document folder by this indd file, where only this three cuts where placed. 

But anyway this is super uncofrotable workflow for me 😄 Does anyone know how to fix it, or why is this happening? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you use the font correctly in other applications? If not it sounds like a problem in the registry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, no I actually have this problem across all adobe programs I am using (mainly Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Do you have any ideas how to fix it? Thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Martina zstudio Would it work to swap out what's on your system for the Adobe version of DIN 2014 by activating them here? DIN 2014 | Adobe Fonts

JainLemos_1-1627415041559.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thank you for your reply! Unfortunatelly I cannot use this solution because I have to use Din Pro since we have flexible workflow and it might happened that someone else will work on this document and he would have only Din Pro. Also this type is required by a client. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines