Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign does not show installed TTF font

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use a free TTF font called "High Voltage Rough" (not Adobe) and I installed it without any problem on my Windows computer. I can use it in every Adobe app, except for Indesign. It does not appear in the list of fonts. I tried redownloading it, deleting it from my computer and re-installing, giving it new names, ... But nothing helps. I did the Indesign reset recently (shift+alt+ctrl) hoping this would help, but the problem is still there.

How can I solve this?

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us more about your system: Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a solution that works for some people. Place the font in InDesign's Fonts folder:

Copy the font to the InDesign font folder: On Mac OS X: Applications/InDesign/Fonts. On Windows: Program Files/Adobe/InDesign [version]/Fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this one but didn't work...

Operating system: Windows 10

Indesign: Adobe Indesign 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @paulienv30632380 , InDesign's character panel lets you filter the font list, doublecheck that you haven't accidentally turned on a filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checked it, no filter turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@paulienv30632380  Thank you for reaching out to us. As Steve mentioned, please provide more details related to your OS, ID version, etc., so we can assist you better. Meanwhile, please try some common troubleshooting steps shown in this video and share the outcome.

Regards,
Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried, didn't work. I put everything in the 'Fonts'-folder but I noticed this folder was completely empty. Is this normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you install it? What version of Windows? There were some issues in the past if you didn't use the install for all users choice. 

BTW, free is always a crapshoot since you typically get what you pay for so where did you download it from? It appears to be available from several free font sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed it by downloading it, unzipping it in my download folder, opening it and clicking the 'install'-button. 

For every other free font it always worked, never had any troubles, except for this font...

paulienv30632380_0-1707906814077.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines