• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Doesn't Open

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem with Opening indesign from desktop icon after last update. any time if we want to open Indesign, we have to go CC and open from there, there is error always if we try to open from our task bar pinned icon or from desktop icon.

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Feature request , How to , Performance , Scripting , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you have tried deleting the existing shortcut and just recreating a new one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, have deleted the shortcuts - didnt help, reinstalled Indesign still the problem same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here: I launch indesign, it's opening then the rainbow circle turns in loop… I made the last update and doesn't solve 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS & InDesign? Also, please share the error you get while using the shortcut. We'd also appreciate if you could share a small video or screenshots for better understanding.

If you're using Windows/macOS and you selected the option to remove older version while installing latest update, you would see a white icon(or ? in mac) as that app is now removed.

You may need to pin the icon to the taskbar or dock of the app again. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 + Indesign 2021

I'm trying to desinstall…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that didn't work

hope for a solution fastly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It didnt work for me either 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally, new updates are treated completely different programs as far as the OS is concerned. It's not the program name that is different, but the path to the program. For example, the latest update today is in a folder called "Adobe InDesign 2022", whereas the previous version was in a folder called "Adobe InDesign 2021". 

You have to remove all the old shortcuts/alias from the desktop and the tashbar/dock, then replace the. 

(I got sick of doing this for a dozen apps, so I just keep the Creative Cloud app on my taskbar/dock and got used to opening the programs from there.)

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, its sickening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines