Indesign edit menu greyed out

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Most of my edit menu greyed out. 

I uninstall Indesign but still is not working. 

Screenshot 2022-03-04 at 15.45.58.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing your screenshot, it seems that nothing is selected in your document, so I do not see anything unusual in the Edit menu. What do you try to do that does not work?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I can help here.

You need to select something to edit within your InDesign document before you can edit it. I suspect that if you select any element placed within your document and return to the Edit pull-down menu, you'll be able to see many more options for how you can edit that selected element.

For what it's worth, I don't know this because I'm Rhodes Scholar-bright about working with Adobe InDesign. I believe I quickly recognized your issue because I've screwed up that way before.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Menus are context-specific. Without anything selected, those unavailable commands have nothing on which to operate. The ones that aren't disabled are available because, for instance, there's something on the clipboard available to paste, so the Paste command is active. If the clipboard was empty, Paste too would be unavailable.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines