Exit

Indesign entire text turns transparent

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community,

I have a problem with InDesign. 

The text I am editing is constantly falactuating between black and transparent.

It makes it bearly impossible to edit the text. Is there something I do wrong, or do I have a wrong setting?

I did an update today, because I thought the bug might have been fixed lately, but not. 

Cheers, and thanks a lot. 🙂

(I did not cover my photos in the video pls no shitstorm it's not super private, peace) 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to turn off GPU in the preferences > GPU performances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your fast answer!

I gave it a try but unfortunately it did not help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a known bug for people using a Mac with the new M1 chip. If that is the case for you make sure that you have updated your InDesign to the latest version (17—CC 2022). If this is not your situation then please supply the exact version of InDesign and operating system that you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In deed I have a Mac mini with the M1 chip. I have updated InDesign to its latest version 17. 

So atm I am in the usage of:

• Mac mini (M1, 2020)
  • macOS Big Sur (Version 11.4)

The Issue still persists. 

I will do a macOS Update now since i realized I am a little behind, there is already a v. 12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look manually if there are some updates. Help > Find Updates… Sometimes the trigger to get new updates fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: 

I currently create a CV with Idesing and the issue persits. It is just a A4 page with one image imported. 

I have the latest version of InDesign 2022 (v 17). Somehow I think it really might be a thing with the Mac Mini M1 Chip. 

If someone has similar issues please add your experience here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just did another Screen Recording. It is difficult to see, but there is a text which I actually deleted moments before. 

It suddenly appears but is not there. When I change the viewing mode the actual text is visible. There is no way for me to reproduce it. It happens in a random amount of time, but once per minute at least. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines