• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

INDESIGN EPUB EXPORT ISSUE

Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The opacity I set for some of the text, boxes, and objects in the project I'm working on in Indesign gets lost after exporting it. Therefore, what was supposed to be 20% opaque after export, became 100% opaque. Please feel free to address the solution here. I use a computer running the 10.13.6 operating system and Indesign CC 2020. I'm grateful for your help!

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @luigigalax ,

in this special case you could use a tint for the fill color.

That would make it to the EPUB without any issues.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! so you would go for a tint similar to the opached colour. I like it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EPUB more or less equals a packaged web page. While opacity can be specified in web code (with some limitations), ID doesn't export it to the EPUB file. (And not all readers handle it the same way.)

You can apply or specifiy opacity if you edit the CSS code for the EPUB export, or you can use @Laubender 's method of using color tints instead of opacity.

—

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the other two proposed work-arounds, one more option is to rasterize the objects via the object export properties. If you have two or more objects interacting with blend modes/effects, group those objects and rasterize the group - otherwise the result will not mirror your original design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NM - wrong answer to wrong question. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I may ask, why do you think so? The OP mentions that opacity of "objects" is lost after export. Setting a tint only works in certain cases, and amending the CSS code with opacity settings requires either attaching an external CSS file or changing the code after export - which is not always a viable option.

In quite a few instances it may be preferable to rasterize the blending/opacity affecting one or more objects.

In my view it depends on the specific design situation which method is suitable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the post I deleted was about another topic. Confused two similar threads.

—

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines