• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign epub Malware Detected

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with an Indesign file that I am saving in an epub format. I created this file with Adobe fonts and stock and have a disk scan with no issues. It is not until I save it as an epub format that I have a problem. When I attach the file to various email accounts, they all come back as "undeliverable due to malware detected." Has anybody else had this problem?

TOPICS
EPUB , Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you scanned the EPUB with one or more virus/malware detectors? It's possible it contains a random string that matches a virus fingerprint.

Have you tried sending the EPUB from another email account, preferably on a different provider? It's not unusual for one mail system (especially one on a shared domain/server) to get flagged for spam or malware and it might be that more than the specific file.

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I did a scan on the file and it came back okay. From my testing it appears to happen when I am using Outlook.

Thank you,

Terri

[This is a public forum. All of your personal information has been removed for your protection. If you reply via email, please delete your signature before posting.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And @terril50855497, can we assume you are using a version of InDesign downloaded directly from Adobe, and not purchased someplace like eBay in an effort to circumvent the subscription model?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely, I do not use anything but Adobe products including fonts and stock.

Thank you,

Terri

[This is a public forum. All of your personal information has been removed for your protection. If you reply via email, please delete your signature before posting.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines