• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign ePub sound issue with Publish online

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an ePub book with animations, and sound. The ePub version works perfectly (sound/animation), then I had to make another version for the publish online ( will be embed to our website eventually). The problem was, when I was converting my ePub to publish online directly, sound was going on before showing the actual page, for example, on the first page we would hear the next 4 pages almost at the same time. Even if, I adjusted the timing, it was still playing not at the right time.

I solved this problem by inserting play/pause buttons for the sounds. It was working perfectly fine last week, and now this week, some pages don't play sound at all.

But in the ePub preview in InDesign, everything is working perfectly fine.

I tried to make it work in different version of indesign, and it's not successful...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi josianes,

Would you mind sharing a detailed video of workflow and a sample file? I will try to check it at my end.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the link for the Publish Online file that is giving you this problem? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Is there a way that I can share the link of the document to you directly, the document is confidential for now, and I can't share it publicly.

Thank you

[Personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just sent you a private message via the forums with my direct email. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Can you give me a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Could you get the solution? I sometimes have the same problem, when I test my epub with Apple Books. Thank you so much in advance! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Apple reader is nonstandard (proprietary) in many ways. It's not always possible to develop an EPUB book that will display properly on standard(ized) readers such as Thorium and Calibre, and on the outliers like iBooks, ADE, etc.

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello thank you for your quick answer. I am doing a really nice picture book for children (before I made and published cardboard books). When I testet my epub/ book this morning everything was fine. Now I added one more sound on page 3 by pageload and now I hear again too early the sound of page 4. I don't her the sounds too early which are tied to a button. 

But referring to my buttons (I posted this question a few days ago): "I have a button connected to several animations - connected to mp3 sounds. I would like to upload the whole thing to Apple as a picture book. On my computer in the Epub preview, the animations run perfectly after having pushed the button. When I test in Apple Ibooks, the appropriate sounds are not always played like programmed...

Please if there is some help for these problems? The epub looks really great on my Ipad, it would be great for designers, if catalogues, photobooks, children's books etc. made with Indesign with sound and Animation would properly run on Apple Books. The problems are not huge and appear not all the time, but if you like to sell an epub or you produce for a client, these tiny problems could become an obstacle. Greetings from France

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines