• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign export error message

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export an InDesign file to PDF and am receiving two error messages.  First - "This document contains links to files/URL(s) that are not accessible.  Please check your network connectivity or the original source of content."  Second - Failed to Export the PDF file."  Preflight window there are no errors.  Links window are to the placed photos.  I can't find a URL or email address in the document that is not correctly associated under the hyperlinks window with the real URL or email address. I have read to export as a mark up file and have done that, but to no avail, continue to receive the error message.  Document is a two page bulletin to be emailed to a group.  Operating system is Windows 10 Pro. Creative Cloud just updated recently, automatically.

InDesign error message 1.pngInDesign error message 2.png

Thank you for your help,

Edith

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Are you on a mac or PC? It is all about the permissions on macs. Go to system preferences, security and privacy, privacy tab. Click the lock icon and login. In the full disk & access and files & folders, make sure all adobe programs are checked. If you can't do this which I couldn't at first, you will need to update your os. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG this issue has been the BANE of my life lately! Thanks 2fold -- the Security and Privacy thing worked for me too.

Hurrah -- I am going to go out and celebrate!

I have wasted HOURS trying to resolve this.

Thanks everyone x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what happens when you are on a Mac at work and IT has no Apple experience and we run on PC servers? I have tried to grant access to Indesign but when I open my system preferences, I do not have the Files and Folders button on the left side to select. I am the admin of the computer. I am working on Catalina OS and trying to download the new OS as I type to see if it will show up. Please help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to pick the Security & Privacy panel from the array of icons, and then you'll see the Files & Folders settings and grants. The images below are in Dutch, but you'll find similar options.

Schermafbeelding 2020-02-20 om 00.03.31.png

Schermafbeelding 2020-02-20 om 00.03.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also, having this issue but on a PC. Moved the file to a MAC and no issues. How did I fix this issue on a PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has anyone figured out how to fix this on a PC and not a mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the document you're working in on your own local harddisk or somewhere on a server ?

Note: the hyperlinks (URLs, email adrdresses) are of no importance to creating the PDF.

The error is about linked files, which seem to be(come) inaccessible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try running Indesign as Administrator. It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me from this page:
(Relinking the folder) 
Here is the orgiginal source: http://www.filerepairtool.net/blog/fix-indesign-missing-links-issue

Fix 4 – Copy links to Another Folder

The Copy Link(s) To command is especially for copying graphic files to another folder and then redirect those links to the copied files. This command is generally used for moving files to another drive like shifting documents from a DVD to Hard Drive.

1. First, select the file links you want to copy and then chose Utilities then from the Links panel menu select Copy Link(s) To.
  2. Select the folder where you want to copy the files linked. After this choose your OS Windows or Mac OS.

Now after copying links to another folder check if you are able to restore missing links problem in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The advice to check permissions worked right away. My sincere thanks! This had been driving me crazy for a couple of days until I found this advice in  Support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too, in OS Monterey in 2022. Suddenly got the error message for first time in 7 years! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

khtzoo - GENIUS! Who would have ever thought? (This is why I hate to update & change computers...catalyst for the problem.) So thankful that you shared your knowledge. I was struggling with a 47+ page document that contained nearly 500 image links, and the thought of redoing that was devestating. I am sure many of my other files will have the same issue, so very thankful to have it fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved the issue for me as well. Thank you so much. This would have been impossible to figure out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Dropbox Note - I had a similar issue and notice when I tried to print or export as a PDF. I use Dropbox Desktop and my files were pulling from online. Some of my files from Dropbox though weren't marked as 'Available Offline.' which was creating this error. Once I made that specific folder 'Available Offline' then everything started working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new MacBook and I'm running the most current OS and I'm still running into this issue even when I relink my files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Can you confirm if InDesign has full disc access? To provide full disc access, please go to Apple Menu > System Settings > Privacy & Security > Full Disc Access and check if InDesign is listed there. If not, please add InDesign and test again. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines