Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign exporting paragraph tags instead of Header tags for accessible PDFs

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone experiencing this???
I'm using Adobe InDesign and exporting to accessible PDFs. The tagging isn't exporting correctly. When I export to the PDFs, copy is being tagged with the paragraph style names, instead of the header tag I assigned. Please see example.

Screen Shot 2023-01-08 at 8.12.03 PM.jpg

The copy is supposed to be assigned <H2> but instead it's <Head_U-Z>, which is the paragraph style name. When I use a Screen Reader NVDA, to navigate, it's not recognizing it as a Header.

Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 8.47.19 AM.jpg

In InDesign I have the Head_U-Z mapped correctly to export to H2. But's it not doing it.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from enterprise and teams>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was just a lengthy discussion of this topic, so you're not the only one. You might follow up here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/acrobat-tags-not-matching-indesign-tags/td-p/134...

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, James. I tried what was recommended on that thread. It still doesn't fix it. It feels like the Tag Exporting from InDesign is just broken. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For those who are interested on how I ended up fixing this. It had to do with long paragraph styles names as mentioned on this thread. https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/problem-with-role-mapping-paragraph-styles-to-ta...
I ended up shortening up my paragaph style names, and exports started working again. Cheers, everybody. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines