• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign File Crashing

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This InD file was fine yesterday but this morning it crashed on three different computers. I tried saving in a new location, new name, opening as a copy, etc. But crashing keep happening. 

Can anyone look into the file if I zip packaged? Deadline Today!

Siraj Asfahani

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

I guess I fixed my own problem. Basically:

1.  I tried to figure out which page(s) exactly was casuing the crash by exporting the file into PDF in batches. 
  2. Once I knew which selection of pages it was, I created a new InD document and started moving pages from the corrupt file to the new clean file. I was not able to scroll in the corrupt file to delete the bad pages so I had to migrate what was before and what was after it.
  3. I finally recreated the corrupt pages in the new document and saved the new f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I fixed my own problem. Basically:

1.  I tried to figure out which page(s) exactly was casuing the crash by exporting the file into PDF in batches. 
  2. Once I knew which selection of pages it was, I created a new InD document and started moving pages from the corrupt file to the new clean file. I was not able to scroll in the corrupt file to delete the bad pages so I had to migrate what was before and what was after it.
  3. I finally recreated the corrupt pages in the new document and saved the new file.

I can breathe again.

Siraj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @siraja7015342 ,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the solution, I am sure it will help other community members. For future reference, in case the crash is happening because of the corrupt text frame, you can also refer to this article https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/crash_corrupt_text_frame.html

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or issues in the future.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines