Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

InDesign file says "finding linked file 58 of 279" but there are actually only 17 linked files. SLOW

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every day at work I have indesign files that take a long time to open.

Some of these files are pretty large, have 80+ pages, and lots of linked files(100+). that is fine.

BUT..some of them are like 3-4 pages long and have like 2-10 linked files. These smaller files take nearly as long as the larger ones to open, 45min to an hour sometimes.

When I open them it says it is finding 279 linked files or more sometimes even though the file actualy only has a dozen or less.(please see atached images)

Why does it say I have so many linked files when I do not? Is it leftover data? can it be cleared?

Here is the loading screen when it is opening my file. "Finding linked file 58 of 279"

Indesign-FindingLinkedFiles.jpg

This is my links panel showing that the file actually only has 17 links.

Indesign-ActualLinkedFiles.jpg

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to copy everything to a new project (all pages at once)? See if that helps.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are there any hyperlinks or cross references that point to external pages or external text anchors in other InDesign documents?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines