• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign File Size compared to other apps (renamed by moderator)

Contributor ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello friends , its time to indesign 2020..? see i made 85 pages kids book in indesing all are links , the size of indesign file is 21.3 mb, while in corel Draw 2020 same i make this book with same small pics resolution  that is 300 dpi in both programs, but as you know that in corel all images are defualt embedded , but in corel the file size is just only 30.8 8 mb , surprisngly is not to big corel file size, and in corel you very fastly move any move as compare to indesign , i dont know why why why indesign takes it to big even its all are links, yet didn't check affinity publisher what it does with this book but i am sure its beat indesign in near future in all aspects..

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Feature request , How to , Import and export , Performance , Publish online , Scripting , SDK , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

This is a user to user forum - so you are talking with like minded people who use the software just like you.

As such, I edited your title of your post as I didn't understand why you'd title your post like that - so I renamed it so other users of the forum could see what the thread is about at first glance.

I'm not sure why you think it's a joke - other apps work differently, that's all. 

InDesign files can bloat with certain filetypes - but by your comparison - the InDesign file is smaller anyway.

I don't really know what the issue is for you - or how I can help. 

You can make feature requests/bug reports here
https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

I really don't know why you're recreating this book in other apps when you already have it done in InDesign - seems like a gigantic waste of time. 

InDesign is the leading software on the planet for creating books and page layouts. 

Corel is good - I've used it before.
Affinity Publisher is good - but doesn't have as many long document features as InDesign. 

It's completely up to you what software you use - and if file size is important for you and you find other programmes utilise file sizes better - then use them.

Nobody is forcing you to use any software - you always have the choice. 

For me, I choose InDesign as it's the leading software - and it's the most used, meaning that I can knowingly send native design files to printers or clients if needed - and I know that the person opening these will have the same software. 

It would be highly unlikely that someone will have Corel or Affinity - and if they do it would be up to them to recreate in in those programmes.

Just as if someone sent me a Corel or Affinity file I would need to recreate it in InDesign - or buy the other programmes.

Completely up to you how you work - whatever works best for you and your clients and your output needs. 

If there's anything we can do to help you further or if you need any assistance in making the file sizes smaller please let us know.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your feedback.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines